Ageless Age with Edge

Ageless Age with Edge
welcomes you twofold

Monday 22 October 2007

I, Rook, Cook

I put my chef hand to the Cookery this Sunday past. I cooked for the Rookery, also known as the Inter Amicable Commune whose tenants are my inmates. I took German sourdough sunflower-seed rye-bread and fried it in butter till crisp. Next i thinly spread mango ginger apricot chutney upon each slice, on top of which went thin slivers of fried porkchop, flesh cooked in salt and ginger and butter. Atop the swine-cuts fell the snow of grated mozarella or parmesan cheese. The whole was heated in oven. Its gasey fire melted shavings of cheese till they cloyed. That was main course. One side dish I squeezed from the rinds of squashes, yellow, fiery, green and tan - about five different kinds, all scooped out of hot middles and blent with cheese and butter and pepper. It stirred into cheesey babyfood. A second side I knived into thin strips of stag's skin-muscle (used by deer to shiver or twitch), fried in butter and maple syrup. For dessert, i smelted butter with pure cacao meal, adding cream and honey and mango powder, to make a darksome darkling chocolate fudge, later laid into broad pan. The cacao-cake got all spiced with coriander and glossed with honey spill. I pressed banana circlets, fried in butter, besprinkled in mango dust, into the chocolate quadrant.

No comments: