Ageless Age with Edge

Ageless Age with Edge
welcomes you twofold

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Nutrition in the Darkness


On November 2nd, I dreamt. Found a berry-hedge along a wood-eaves in a land which mingled Wisconsin, Michigan and Britain. Walking in the twilight, I gorged on big dark round berries: wild blueberries, black cherries, bramble(black)berries, wild grapes and edible black-nightshade berries. Each pluck or taste made a bug bite my finger (no itch or pain) or a lapdog-sized boar run at me, unharming. Above me, on a woodland knoll, stood a firelit Gothic cathedral casting candlebeams down the woodslope from its glade. Groping in the darkness next to the hedge, I found my leather journal, halfdrunk wine-flask, and my Swiss army knife. The sword, the book, and the bottle - the symbols (with harp) of personal liberty in Celtic Catholic poverty.

No comments: