Ageless Age with Edge

Ageless Age with Edge
welcomes you twofold

Wednesday 24 February 2010

Feb Fullish-ruary Moonish

As of yesterday, February 24th, I was attacked by the raised forearm of my client repeatedly for a half hour until she apologised and complete forgiveness reigned, i.e. no documentation shall remember her behaviour.

As of yesterday, I've been side-struck by a car three times and three times without injury.

The culprit in this case was a mother driver attending to her one-year old in the rear seat. I saw her stopped at a driveway to a business as I came down a sidewalk of a very busy road (too busy to cycle upon). I always stop for such people, never assume they see me. I did this time as well. We were both stopped. I tried to make eye contact with her. I went forward cautiously and saw her start to drive as soon as the front half of my bike was in front of her hood. So she crumpled over my front tire as I leaped off, falling down since I tripped with one leg, but I was out of harm's way and did not hurt myself in the landing. It was a cheap extra bicycle and I was unhurt, her car unscathed, so we let things go. I prefer private citizens to come to terms with common-sense things w/o police involvement if possible. I think she learned her lesson in any case. She was in an utter panic afterwards, and came up with four contradictory stories, a couple of them claiming she had seen me before she hit me!

2 comments:

SlyGly said...

At least February is almost over. Maybe you should stay inside until Monday?

Evenland said...

But you know what I get up to inside.... Starting logs on fire!