Ageless Age with Edge

Ageless Age with Edge
welcomes you twofold

Saturday 26 April 2014

Fraternal, Extraterral

DREAM - 26 April 2014: I wandered up and down stone stairs at UW-Madison, wanting a grassy spot for a picnic. All university buildings now connected, bridged one to the next with zigging, zagging steps & passage-ways. I walked onto a green and sat by a rectangular flower-bed to relax.

A mixed fraternity sorority crowd, usually classist & uppity, see me and surprise me by sitting down indian-sty...le all around me and the garden space. I'm baffled to notice I'm buff naked (how did this happen?), and so I try to be casual and pretend it's the most normal thing in the world. I take a long, dignified pull at a drink in my hand.

A girl sits down close and explains, `Hey, we saw you and couldn't pass you up. So why are you naked?`

`Well I don't really *know* ... you know?` I figure the honest approach has its cuteness.

She giggles.

`Do you know why you're dressed?` I ask, to the clapping approval of the entire group.

`No idea,` she answers. To my disconsolation, no one follows my lead.

We sit joking and talking, as I discreetly put on articles of clothing I pull from my rucksack. This way, I go from being naked to dressed without anyone noticing.

Right?

The girl and I go off for a stroll, up and down the zigzagging stairs. `Ever been this way before?` she asks me. We tiptoe down a very steep and roofed stair with lateral guards, me first, holding hard on the rails. Suddenly, the roof and railing end. It's now nothing but a bare stair falling like a ladder from the sky, high above the earth. I turn around and look at her, a bit sheepishly,

`I think we oughtta go back. Are there any safer stairs down?`

END OF DREAM

No comments: